Vaccine or No?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

cp2k

This seems to be a hot topic now. Assuming a vaccine becomes available for COVID-19 early next year how many among us will line up to be first to get it?

We' re having this debate in my own house. I'm all for the vaccine but my wife is not. She says she'll wait a year or so before she gets it to see how much it affects people.

Anyone?

Tron28

Honorable member
Isn't it kind of a moot point? It's going to be given to people high on the priority list. Unless you high on the list you won't be faced with such a choice.

Lifeliver

Honorable member
I won’t get it. I had Covid already, for starters, but the types of vaccines they’re pushing thru? No data at all in long term problems. None. And I can’t wait to see what happens in the “challenge” studies - if we ever get to know what happens. Challenge is where they expose the vaccinated with the actual virus. This used to only be allowed for animal studies but young people are stupid enough to participate - for money - I’m a study where they don’t know what could happen. They’re using people who wouldn’t Likely have an issue from covid, so I don’t know how this would translate to the rest of the population. I wouldn’t wait a year - I’d wait forever.

bigmomma78

Honorable member
They can work out the kinks before I'll Get one. I bought a PlayStation 4 when they first came out before they worked out the kinks. It broke immediately. Lived and learned

vil44

Spring/summer seems likely at this point. Most people will fall in line when they see their coworkers/family getting the vaccine.

Frank Leigh

Honorable member
I’d have it. I’m knocking on the door of 60 and would just feel a little more at ease with it. Saying that though, I’ve never had the flu jab but this thing does seem to be particularly nasty!

UncleHorace

im probably not gonna get it, don't trust vaccines
Okay, but of the children in your neighborhood, how many have polio? How many people died this year from smallpox? Zero, because we have vaccines against these diseases.
Polling shows that about a third of the population currently refuses to take any precautions against disease transmission whatsoever, and about 30 percent will refuse any Covid vaccine, regardless of any data that support its safety and effectiveness. That leaves 70 percent who might eventually get a vaccine. Let's be optimistic and say that the approved vaccine is 70 percent effective, and we need a minimum population immunity of roughly 65 percent to actual slow the spread via individual immune responses. You might notice the math doesn't add up. Acquired immunity (from infection and recovery), by the way, has not been reliably established; meaning, that you will need a vaccine even if you have had the virus.

As for safety, mRNA type vaccines are intrinsically safer and less risky than attenuated or conjugate or other types of immunization. Part of the reason the FDA approved expediting Phase II was due to this, I imagine the other reason was political pressure to have a vaccine before the election.

UncleHorace

I won’t get it. I had Covid already, for starters, but the types of vaccines they’re pushing thru? No data at all in long term problems. None. And I can’t wait to see what happens in the “challenge” studies - if we ever get to know what happens. Challenge is where they expose the vaccinated with the actual virus. This used to only be allowed for animal studies but young people are stupid enough to participate - for money - I’m a study where they don’t know what could happen. They’re using people who wouldn’t Likely have an issue from covid, so I don’t know how this would translate to the rest of the population. I wouldn’t wait a year - I’d wait forever.
Clinical data on all vaccine and pharmaceutical development trials are reviewed by independent panels of immunologists and epidemiologists for veracity and integrity. The data along with the panels' reviews are released publicly by the FDA once a drug is approved.

Gullible

Exalted member
I won't take the flu vaccine, it has been shown to be mostly ineffective and actually lowers your resistance to the china flu. Vaccines that have been around for decades and proven safe, yes.

A vaccine against flu, for example, will not work well because the flu mutates rapidly. Neither will I take any they come out with for the wuhan flu. Its been tested, what a month or so lol? Did you know that most of the polio in the world now is from bill gate's vaccines? Look it up https://www.technocracy.news/un-adm...in-sudan-caused-by-gates-funded-oral-vaccine/ "The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is the pinnacle of funding for global vaccination programs, including polio vaccines in Africa. It has been finally admitted that the polio vaccine itself has sparked a new polio outbreak."

Bigrig

As part of my job I have to visit hospital and the occasional government facilities. So it will undoubtedly be required if I want to stay employed. Would take it anyway. The slight risk to myself is worth it for the contribution to herd immunity.

Lumo

Distinguished member
I will have it as soon as I can. I will of course want those who are deemed at higher risk than me (including front line staff) to get it before me, but as soon as there is enough for me, my arm will be ready.

My father saw smallpox, my mother saw polio. Kids now don't see those diseases because vaccines work.

Frank Leigh

Honorable member
I will have it as soon as I can. I will of course want those who are deemed at higher risk than me (including front line staff) to get it before me, but as soon as there is enough for me, my arm will be ready.

My father saw smallpox, my mother saw polio. Kids now don't see those diseases because vaccines work.
I feel the same way. I had polio and smallpox jabs and if a vaccine is necessary for this then show me the way. My wife is a teacher and in contact with kids all day so I'd like her to have it so she can't pass it on to her elderly parents. I'm not a great believer in the conspiracy theories to be honest. I think if the New World Order really wanted to vaccinate the population they'd have done it without tanking the economy first.

Frank Leigh

Honorable member
It looks as though there is going to be a vaccine at the end of this month which I think is brilliant news. There is a question over long term effects but isn't there with everything? I hope its the answer to this nightmare as some are really suffering. It'll take a long time to come back from this financially and mentally.

Maskell

Honorable member
im probably not gonna get it, don't trust vaccines

Neither, apparently, does Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla, who decided to dump over five million dollars worth of Pfizer stock on Monday, just before his company's vaccine goes into production. What does he know that we don't?

If the Pfizer vaccine was really safe and effective it would be sure to make Pfizer billions of dollars and Bourla would be expanding his portfolio of Pfizer stock, not dumping over five millions dollars worth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8938065/

Pfizer CEO sold 60 PERCENT of his stock for $5.6M the DAY of the vaccine announcement - but firm claims it was all part of a pre-announced trading plan agreed in AUGUST

- Company said on Wednesday the sale was part of a pre-announced trading plan
- Bourla sold 132,508 shares at $41.94 a share, according to a SEC filing Tuesday
- Pfizer on Monday said its experimental COVID-19 vaccine was more than 90% effective based on initial trial results, sending its shares higher
- Pfizer and German partner BioNTech SE said no serious safety concerns were found so far and expect to seek U.S. emergency use authorization this month
- In May Two executives at drug firm Moderna quietly sold nearly $30 million of stock when they unveiled a coronavirus vaccine and value surged
- In July Kodak CEO Jim Continenza added $79 million to his net worth when his options turned from worthless to lucrative thanks to a U.S. government loan

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla sold 60 percent of his stock in the drug company for $5.6 million on the same day the firm announced its COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough.

The company said on Wednesday the Monday sale was part of a pre-announced trading plan, adopted by Bourla on August 19. Bourla sold 132,508 shares at $41.94 per share, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing late Tuesday.

Pfizer on Monday said its experimental COVID-19 vaccine was more than 90 per cent effective based on initial trial results, sending its shares higher along with the broader markets...

In May two executives at drug firm Moderna quietly sold nearly $30 million of stock when they unveiled a coronavirus vaccine and value surged, before the share price quickly fell again amid skepticism from the medical community

Moderna's chief financial officer Lorence Kim and chief medical officer Tal Zaks dumped the stocks when the share price skyrocketed following the company's announcement of what it described as 'positive' results from its vaccine trial.

The two executives pocketed almost $25 million in profits in a day's work before experts cast doubt on the vaccine's success and sent shares tumbling...

The article notes that back in May, two executives at the drug firm Moderna employed the same "pump and dump" strategy:

"In May two executives at drug firm Moderna quietly sold nearly $30 million of stock when they unveiled a coronavirus vaccine and value surged, before the share price quickly fell again amid skepticism from the medical community

"Moderna's chief financial officer Lorence Kim and chief medical officer Tal Zaks dumped the stocks when the share price skyrocketed following the company's announcement of what it described as "positive" results from its vaccine trial.

"The two executives pocketed almost $25 million in profits in a day's work before experts cast doubt on the vaccine's success and sent shares tumbling...".

Here's Bill Gates waffling, spluttering, gesticulating wildly and attempting to obfuscate, when confronted with evidence that EIGHTY PER CENT of the aforementioned Moderna COVID vaccine test subjects got sick:

In reply to the interviewer's question: "Are these vaccines safe?", Gates replies "some of that [the side-effects] is not dramatic it's just super-painful..." (that's alright then!) and proceeds to waffle nonsense for several minutes. He never actually answers the question because the answer is all too obvious.

His serene assurance that the side-effects "didn't cause permanent health problems" is simply a lie, as far too little time has elapsed to know what, if any, long term health damage was sustained by the test subjects. Once the vaccine's pathogens have entered the body they can cause havoc months or even years later.

The Moderna share price tanked when news of the vaccine's problems began to leak out. Over 70 insiders have dumped more than 12 million Moderna shares in the last three months. And now Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla is following suit. So once again I ask: What does he know that we don't?

Caveat emptor!

And here's something else to consider: How is it that in just a few short months BigPharma can supposedly develop such highly effective vaccines against COVID-19, but in over a century of trying they've shown themselves to be completely incapable of producing a vaccine for the various strains of seasonal flu that's more than 20-40% effective?

Last edited:

countryboyjs

Honorable member
I personally would love to see a vaccine soon. Just hope there no serious side affects. Sure would help the economy get back on its feet and folks would be safer interacting with each other.

pythagorean

I won't take the flu vaccine, it has been shown to be mostly ineffective and actually lowers your resistance to the china flu. Vaccines that have been around for decades and proven safe, yes.

A vaccine against flu, for example, will not work well because the flu mutates rapidly. Neither will I take any they come out with for the wuhan flu. Its been tested, what a month or so lol? Did you know that most of the polio in the world now is from bill gate's vaccines? Look it up https://www.technocracy.news/un-adm...in-sudan-caused-by-gates-funded-oral-vaccine/ "The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is the pinnacle of funding for global vaccination programs, including polio vaccines in Africa. It has been finally admitted that the polio vaccine itself has sparked a new polio outbreak."
Yeah, by the “technocracy news” a right wing conspiracy site. Look it up: https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/technocracy-news/?amp

pythagorean

I think having a disease from which you recover provides better immunity than a vaccine, but I’m not 100% sure about that. I’ve had Covid so the vaccine may be useless to me unless it provides immunity to multiple strains for which I am not immune. In that case I’d get it. I have no problem being a guinea pig for science. I’ve used myself as a guinea pig for much worse things without a second thought 😝.

cupeater

It will be interesting to see how available the vaccine becomes. I personally wouldn’t trust something that has been tested thoroughly. Who knows what long term effects there could be. However, if it’s composed of drugs that are commonly used I would definitely consider it, since we probably do have data on that. Just because the vaccine is new doesn’t mean it’s unsafe. It really depends on what it contains.