• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Vaccine or No?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

cp2k

This seems to be a hot topic now. Assuming a vaccine becomes available for COVID-19 early next year how many among us will line up to be first to get it?

We' re having this debate in my own house. I'm all for the vaccine but my wife is not. She says she'll wait a year or so before she gets it to see how much it affects people.

Anyone?

Tron28

Honorable member
Isn't it kind of a moot point? It's going to be given to people high on the priority list. Unless you high on the list you won't be faced with such a choice.

Lifeliver

Distinguished member
I won’t get it. I had Covid already, for starters, but the types of vaccines they’re pushing thru? No data at all in long term problems. None. And I can’t wait to see what happens in the “challenge” studies - if we ever get to know what happens. Challenge is where they expose the vaccinated with the actual virus. This used to only be allowed for animal studies but young people are stupid enough to participate - for money - I’m a study where they don’t know what could happen. They’re using people who wouldn’t Likely have an issue from covid, so I don’t know how this would translate to the rest of the population. I wouldn’t wait a year - I’d wait forever.

vil44

Spring/summer seems likely at this point. Most people will fall in line when they see their coworkers/family getting the vaccine.

Frank Leigh

Honorable member
I’d have it. I’m knocking on the door of 60 and would just feel a little more at ease with it. Saying that though, I’ve never had the flu jab but this thing does seem to be particularly nasty!

Bigrig

As part of my job I have to visit hospital and the occasional government facilities. So it will undoubtedly be required if I want to stay employed. Would take it anyway. The slight risk to myself is worth it for the contribution to herd immunity.

Lumo

Distinguished member
I will have it as soon as I can. I will of course want those who are deemed at higher risk than me (including front line staff) to get it before me, but as soon as there is enough for me, my arm will be ready.

My father saw smallpox, my mother saw polio. Kids now don't see those diseases because vaccines work.

Frank Leigh

Honorable member
I will have it as soon as I can. I will of course want those who are deemed at higher risk than me (including front line staff) to get it before me, but as soon as there is enough for me, my arm will be ready.

My father saw smallpox, my mother saw polio. Kids now don't see those diseases because vaccines work.
I feel the same way. I had polio and smallpox jabs and if a vaccine is necessary for this then show me the way. My wife is a teacher and in contact with kids all day so I'd like her to have it so she can't pass it on to her elderly parents. I'm not a great believer in the conspiracy theories to be honest. I think if the New World Order really wanted to vaccinate the population they'd have done it without tanking the economy first.

Frank Leigh

Honorable member
It looks as though there is going to be a vaccine at the end of this month which I think is brilliant news. There is a question over long term effects but isn't there with everything? I hope its the answer to this nightmare as some are really suffering. It'll take a long time to come back from this financially and mentally.

countryboyjs

Honorable member
I personally would love to see a vaccine soon. Just hope there no serious side affects. Sure would help the economy get back on its feet and folks would be safer interacting with each other.

pythagorean

I think having a disease from which you recover provides better immunity than a vaccine, but I’m not 100% sure about that. I’ve had Covid so the vaccine may be useless to me unless it provides immunity to multiple strains for which I am not immune. In that case I’d get it. I have no problem being a guinea pig for science. I’ve used myself as a guinea pig for much worse things without a second thought 😝.

cupeater

It will be interesting to see how available the vaccine becomes. I personally wouldn’t trust something that has been tested thoroughly. Who knows what long term effects there could be. However, if it’s composed of drugs that are commonly used I would definitely consider it, since we probably do have data on that. Just because the vaccine is new doesn’t mean it’s unsafe. It really depends on what it contains.

Rockieroads

Lapsed Senior Member
A friend of mine got sick. She goes to the hospital and she said It's Covid. I ask her how do you know it's not just the Flu? She said I don't. So if Covid 19 is like the seasonal flu, I think certain states are raising the numbers of Covid outbreaks just because someone comes in with a cough and fever. They get more federal funding. I will wait on the vaccine but will take the flu shot as that one has been around for decades.

slickwillie

Honorable member
This vaccine is brought to you by those fine folks that give us an annual flu vaccine ...that BTW has seldom been effective for the flu vaccines that are there for each year respectively.

I think I will pass. After all, we don't have a vaccine for the Spanish flu and it finally died out on its own (herd immunity)

Frank Leigh

Honorable member
Yes, I'll get one. I don't see any way around it. It's probably the only way to get rid of this virus and I want it gone so things can get back to normal.
Me too. There has to be some way of getting back to some sort of normality; the response to the virus is killing people and their livelihoods. Its impossible to know the effect this will have on our lives and the lives of our kids. I'm rolling up my sleeve already.

rainey51

Distinguished member
Nope, not me ! It's my body and I don't trust any of these vaccinations or the vaccine pushers that make big money from them and could give a crap about humans. Bill Gates wants to get rid of a large percentage of us "useless eaters", his words, not mine. So why in the world would I even consider getting injected with something he promotes? No, thanks!

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks