Vaccine or No?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

halohippe

Lapsed Senior Member
I am currently not sure about taking a vaccine but when comes to it I probably will. However it needs to be affective for more than a year as I don’t want to keep getting jabbed every year if effectiveness wears off.

jaders

Eminent member

Gullible

Exalted member
Jaders, that article is full of falsehoods and propaganda. It incorrectly states for one thing, that biden won the election. He has not won and likely will not. That is just for starters. Also it says trump claimed all the credit for the vaccine, I see nothing where he personally claimed credit so that is false. The article tries to say the govt did not help in any way but here is a quote from that article of yours

"However, Pfizer did sign an agreement with the U.S. government in July worth $1.95 billion — if the vaccine pans out and is cleared by the FDA — to supply 100 million doses. That guarantees Pfizer a U.S. market, an important incentive"

It guarantees them a profit which seems like a HUGE incentive to me despite the tone of the article claiming the opposite. You guys who hate trump and all he has done for us, get out your crying towels because soon he will be inaugurated for a second term and creepy joe and kamel hair, while they aren't going to the white house, joe at least may find his place in the big house. He may not notice the difference and will think he is still in his basement pretending to be president.

halohippe

Lapsed Senior Member
The Germans call it the BioTech vaccine I think and the German government put money into it. Also these 2 Vaccines ”Moderna & Pfizer/BioTech require their Vaccine stored at extremely cold temps. I have read this will be a problem even for rich countries, especially getting the vaccine to rural areas. I know the Oxford vaccine can be stored at room temp and results are expected soon from phase 3.

Maskell

Honorable member
You guys who hate trump and all he has done for us, get out your crying towels because soon he will be inaugurated for a second term...

Actually, even the most extreme Trump-haters should be very grateful to him for exposing the egregious election fraud that's been going on for decades. Trump was the wrong man to try to steal an election from. This is not a partisan matter - it involves corrupt Republican state officials as well as Democrats. As you know, Trump had the US army seize the German servers that Dominion used to switch votes from Trump to Biden (although every liberal "fact-checking" site rubbishes the claim - like all claims of election fraud - as "false news"). They'll all have egg on their faces when the evidence is released over the next fortnight. The American people are about to receive a very big shock indeed (I mean those that still get their "news" from the MSM, of course).

As for jaders' Chicago Tribune "fact check" and other liberal "Fact checking" sites:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

SilentHill

I think I will pass as well. My whole life I went each year without getting a flu shot. I realize we are not talking about flu shots but still a vaccine makes me just as nervous especially being that it will not be tested for all that long. Well, a few years ago I finally decided to get a flu shot for the first time ever and that particular year I ended up getting the worst flu of my life. Also, I swear I was allergic to the flu shot as well. It may have just been in my head but something was really not right and I even ended up having one of the worst seizures of my life not all that long after getting a flu shot.

equinox

Lapsed Senior Member
When the vaccine becomes available I'm pretty sure I'll have it. I've had flu jabs these last few years and I expect this will be just the same. The UK gov are asking for volunteers for trials and I decided to put my name down.

Ellyn

Distinguished member
I will have it as soon as I can. I will of course want those who are deemed at higher risk than me (including front line staff) to get it before me, but as soon as there is enough for me, my arm will be ready.

My father saw smallpox, my mother saw polio. Kids now don't see those diseases because vaccines work.
My father HAD polio. He survived it, but it affected his gait for the rest of his life. Vaccines have injured some people and saved many, many more. I will get the Covid vaccine as soon as it is made available to people in my demographic (older, but not a healthcare worker).