• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

What are your experiences with drug testing by Pdocs for benzos?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

cajunbulldog

Eminent member
My version I am randomly tested for my hydrocodone & klonipin script.Last year I had a false positive due to stomach medicine.Pissed again and was sent to higher level lab.Passed that one with no problems and have not heard from Doctor yet.

jaders

Exalted member
So how long does it take for oxy to leave ones system? Just to be safe I have a dr appointment the end of October. I take one 5mg daily. Never been asked for a UA for years but now that I’ve added this, I fear this issue as I’m prescribed only codeine.

I’ve read it’s about a week to be safe?

Name taken

Distinguished member
Protonix stomach med for acid reflex caused positive for ganja.
That’s no good. I am on a proton pump inhibitor for ulcers.

The psychiatrist I’m with now is sort of new and we’ve been only meeting remotely for a few months so I don’t know what their testing policy is but I’m assuming because they prescribe controlled that they are going to have me give them a sample at some point.

My biggest worry (I know it sounds crazy) is that they are going to test me for Kratom. I’ve been trying to cut down but I am in a bad situation with my living environment (toxic people) and I don’t have it in me to outright stop. Maybe I should though. ?

Name taken

Distinguished member
My version I am randomly tested for my hydrocodone & klonipin script.Last year I had a false positive due to stomach medicine.Pissed again and was sent to higher level lab.Passed that one with no problems and have not heard from Doctor yet.
I just wanted to note something. A lot of you are probably aware of this already but Klonopin doesn’t always show up in a standard test. I know if they send it away and look for metabolites they can isolate it. But I have heard of people losing their script because of false negatives at the doctors office.

Chancer

Exalted member
@jaders Isn't 'Oxy 'Codeine' the same drug group? Wouldn't they both show as opiods? I guess it depends on how many panels are on the test? Although, if it goes to a Mass Spec (they rarely do) then they would know everything.
I wish I had a better answer for you but both my oxy and Morphine just show as opiods.

jaders

Exalted member
@jaders Isn't 'Oxy 'Codeine' the same drug group? Wouldn't they both show as opiods? I guess it depends on how many panels are on the test? Although, if it goes to a Mass Spec (they rarely do) then they would know everything.
I wish I had a better answer for you but both my oxy and Morphine just show as opiods.

I actually think the semisynthetic and synthetic opioids show differently, from what I know. Codeine does show as morphine since it turns into that in your system. I’ll look some more, but my impression is that they can isolate Vicodin and oxy from morphine in most tests.

At least you have a compassionate doctor!!🙏😍

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
Been tested in the past for opioids, codeine does show in standard blood work for a few days. After that a pro-drug dissipates with liver function.
Run a mile, drink water

Chancer

Exalted member
@jaders Yes, I'm very fortunate with my pain care. Anything else like insomnia or anxiety is like a full time battle, they are so conditioned in the UK to say no.

My pain is something difficult for them to argue about, I have scans showing my spine literally snapped in two in one place, then a compression fracture in another. The surgeon has already written to them and told them an op would only buy me 10 years before it starts getting worst again. Although, I read a post on here from someone in the US being sent home with a fractured spine and no meds. 😉

I hope you get the test sorted. 🙏

phatboy

Honorable member
may i ask what type of pain med dose you should be expecting if you actually find a good pain doctor with all these new regulations ?

this is what i heard... that most pain clinics greatly reduced the dose they give to patients now even with how shamelessly they want to monitor n police u.. i actually heard of like an average dose of 40mg of oxycodone a day or even less... that with no benzos or very little like i read here.. is that true ? i have to at least take 100mg of oxycodone in a day and i take 2mg of klonopin at night only since most of my life. 15 .5mg tabs would last me 4 days sadly, maybe 8 if i tried really hard.. i don't think i have a choice but to keep ordering and to do everything myself as no one will prescribe me anything.. only thing happens is more arguments n conflicts cuz i been blackballed by this stupid extremist for profit healthcare system.. n i don't have a clean history either because i've treated my pain myself half of the time and I was honest about it cuz why even lie?
btw, I do have a fusion surgery in my lower back coming up.. i have bulged discs pushing on nerves n everything, from a car accident that left me in a damn coma, and they still won't prescribe me anything but tramadol... i'm just so confused as to what's going on here...i have so many more problems in my life now cuz im always in pain - i got kicked out of pain management in 2016.. i do go to the ER like once a month at least as a last resort most of the time so i don't completely lose it n to keep everything documented very well.

i also heard some of those pain clinics try to suck u into a lifestyle of pain massages, vitamin shots, etc etc... just different ways of making money and taking money from you that insurances probably won't cover

i personally always had problems with cannabis as well, in pain clinics, suboxone, regulard doc, etc ... or at least i always noticed attempts of them trying to take it away from me and bringing it up - but they'd always forget about it again.. i just basically had so many other worse problems that no doctor could ever control it.. i also have an anger issues so they don't want to push to hard usually.

i do smoke cannabis now since i'm in a legal state too.. my doc knows, not cuz i got tested but cuz i told him... he prescribes me the klonopin and tramadol.. tramadol is at 300mg a day and like i said this guy does not test me.. is that the best i can actually get to be realistic?

sorry for the rant guys, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated..

Chancer

Exalted member
@phatboy Good luck with the fusion surgery. I also considered having it after a car accident that fractured L1 and L2 but, my Neurologist advised it would only buy me 10 years then then it would cause pain further up my spine (due to the inflexibility the fusion caused). I don't have any nerve or disc issues in my spine so my situation is slightly different. I opted out because my reason was to reduce the pain and come off my pain meds, knowing it would be more difficult to get back on them in 10 (ish) years was the reason I opted out.

dinger

Honorable member
@phatboy Good luck with the fusion surgery. I also considered having it after a car accident that fractured L1 and L2 but, my Neurologist advised it would only buy me 10 years then then it would cause pain further up my spine (due to the inflexibility the fusion caused). I don't have any nerve or disc issues in my spine so my situation is slightly different. I opted out because my reason was to reduce the pain and come off my pain meds, knowing it would be more difficult to get back on them in 10 (ish) years was the reason I opted out.
I do beleive i need a total of 3 spinal fusions....I have disc protusions plus collapsed vertebrae.. and osteophytes in contact of anterior surface of cord... Been chronic pain now 15 years....transtec buprenorphine and sublingaul....But i have never tried oxycodone....

Chancer

Exalted member
@dinger I was originally on a high dose of Oxy, they are a great pain med but have awful side effects. I eventually switched to Morphine although I still get OxyNorm (Liquid IR) for breakthrough pain. Its a good combination for me but it increases both my anxiety and insomnia so I try and time it so I dont need to use it too close to bedtime. It depends how you react to Codiene, I've always had an adverse reaction to Codiene based meds.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks