What is your vice?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

M77

Exalted member
Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll, then taking my Ferrari to my Gulfstream Jet, and doing the same, on the way to the Caribbean. Then I wake up, look around, and say to myself that I better go back to sleep and finish that dream. :rofl:

tycho

Honorable member
Anyone have a vice?

I DO looove chocolate and sweets
Amusingly: video games. I play them a lot. Too much. But at least I still get a good dose of exercise every day so as to even out the chair time.

Mind you, I just signed up for Medicare, so I'm not playing these as a teenager. But being that age means that I was around when video games were invented. At college in the mid-70s I had access to a computer system networked across entire continents ("PLATO") that had graphics terminals and was more than 10 years ahead of its time (the first Macintosh was a decade away). We had email, messaging and serious gaming. I still access a virtual clone of that pre-Cray supercomputer mainframe that runs as an app on some guys PC in California.

Having played for so long I'm pretty good for an old dude. I played one tank battle game for years and was on a ranked Russian team. Our "captain" was bi-lingual and would cross-translate for me the curses from the other players. :)

Chocolate and sweets? Yeah, those too. :)

M77

Exalted member
Amusingly: video games. I play them a lot. Too much. But at least I still get a good dose of exercise every day so as to even out the chair time.

Mind you, I just signed up for Medicare, so I'm not playing these as a teenager. But being that age means that I was around when video games were invented. At college in the mid-70s I had access to a computer system networked across entire continents ("PLATO") that had graphics terminals and was more than 10 years ahead of its time (the first Macintosh was a decade away). We had email, messaging and serious gaming. I still access a virtual clone of that pre-Cray supercomputer mainframe that runs as an app on some guys PC in California.

Having played for so long I'm pretty good for an old dude. I played one tank battle game for years and was on a ranked Russian team. Our "captain" was bi-lingual and would cross-translate for me the curses from the other players. :)

Chocolate and sweets? Yeah, those too. :)
@tycho
Remember the Commodore Vic 20, and 64? Also the Pet computers?

MarySue155

Lapsed Senior Member
@opiatesandchopin I gotta ask, what do you mean when you say you spend too much time brushing cows? :wondering: Don't they usually take care of that themselves? Also, regarding your name, shouldn't it be Berlioz and opiates? Enquiring Minds want to know.

MarySue

Reactions: M77

opiatesandchopin

@MarySue155 The cows are pretty independent, but if you've ever given them a good scritch you find quickly there are very itchy spots not getting licked properly. They polish low tree limbs to a shiny finish trying. When Im with them I cant stop brushing because they enjoy it too much. They seek me out if im within eyesight, whether im holding a brush or not, so I carry one whenever i remember or they get annoyed when they come up to me and I provide no scritches. They are big soft pets and not stereotypically dumb in the least. Each one has a different personality, likes and dislikes, and hairdo on their topknot. They might as well be my dogs. I also kill their horseflies by hand.
As for berlioz, unless he had cows or some reference i dont know about, I was never much interested. Orchestral works are harder for me to immerse myself in. As a solo classical musician, I identify much more with chopin, who pretty much composed solely for the piano. His music touches me more than any other, I arrange much of it for guitar.
PS Did Berlioz take opiates? I know he was in medicine before he took on composing full time. I know Chopin probably could have used some, being so ill from childhood to death.
Thanks for your interest!

MarySue155

Lapsed Senior Member
@opiatesandchopin I think Symphonie Fantastique was written (or at least partially written) on opium. The last movement is an opium nightmare Berlioz had, but if someone knows more about classical music do let me know. And I never knew that about cows liking a good scratch and back rub. Awwwww. :mmm:

MarySue

tycho

Honorable member
@tycho
Remember the Commodore Vic 20, and 64? Also the Pet computers?
Yes indeed. Screwed with them a bit but never owned any of them. Came close to buying a Pet back in the day but instead got a TRS-80. Not sure why because the graphics and color capabilities of the Commodore machines were really what I wanted to have. I probably decided based on price, and/or the actual ease of use of the Radio Shit item for actual computing...

- - - Updated - - -

@MarySue155 The cows are pretty independent, but if you've ever given them a good scritch you find quickly there are very itchy spots not getting licked properly.
I love the occasional videos I have seen of cows orgasmically satisfying their itch using those un-attended mechanized cow-scratching brushes. Looks like they are going through a car wash...

M77

Exalted member
@opiatesandchopin I think Symphonie Fantastique was written (or at least partially written) on opium. The last movement is an opium nightmare Berlioz had, but if someone knows more about classical music do let me know. And I never knew that about cows liking a good scratch and back rub. Awwwww. :mmm:

MarySue
@MarySue155
Almost as impressive as Beethoven composing his 9th after going completely deaf. Mozart was a pretty wild guy, but Franz Liszt was completely schizophrenic.

MarySue155

Lapsed Senior Member
@M77 And just bring this all together, apparently if you milk a cow whilst playing Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony, (good grief how appropriate) they produce more milk. Old news report but relevant to the topic I think. Perhaps we should change this to 'Guilty Pleasures for Cows.'

MaryMoo (I mean Sue)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1408434.stm

opiatesandchopin

@MarySue155 Thats very interesting, I didnt know that. Poor Chopin though, constantly ill, was still able to produce the most bittersweet, ironic, orgasmic piano compositions. Im currently arranging his mazurka op. 17 no. 4. He wrote it at a young age but it still shows such depth.
Its true liszt had an ego as large as his fame, and it shows in his compositions.
Ive been thinking about trying to install and old carwash brush in the barn, but im not sure how id power it. They get so much use out of butt scratching on walls and belly rubs on the stall sills. But the spinning carwash brush would really take it to another level.
I am completely down for a cow discussion thread! It would be a funny and welcomed addition to the forum. At least Id always have something to post about!

Gadget

Lapsed Senior Member
After a good few years of benzos I was able to drop them a few months ago.i did start smoking again right around the same time but remembered why I stopped back in 2016 or so. To help me stop quickly I switch to vaping which was a easy transition. I ended up trying on of the off the counter types and I like it much more than I thought I would.

My old tried and true vice has always been alcohol. I never liked being drunk but I do love a glass of wine or the nice cold drink on a hot summer day.

jc776

Eminent member
My vices
Self medication, although I am now legitimately prescribed the meds I used to get illicitly, I started using them to self medicate against anxiety.
Worrying.
Not so much now, but for most of my life, I used to assume that if anyone acted or spoke negatively to me, that it was all about me and my faults, totally failing to take the other person into consideration and consider that their unhappiness and my low self esteem was the reason I was attracting negativity.
I used to hero worship the wrong people and copy of them, instead of appreciating my own gifts and talents and looking for more positive role models.
Playing victim and blaming others was another vice.

M77

Exalted member
@jc776
For playing victim, and blaming others, read Elton John’s new memoir. He admits to mastering that in an epic way. For anyone interested, his new book is fantastic. I couldn’t put it down, it was so enjoyable.