• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

What series have you binge watched lately?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

ram-man

Honorable member
I don't watch much series but the best is Loki on Disney Plus! Tom Hiddleston is great and I enjoy the story line. Besides all this I've always identified with Loki as characterized in Norse mythology. Actually was a bit dismayed when he was portrayed in the original Marvel comic books as more of a villain. I much rather prefer his characterization as a complex mischievous good guy.

ram-man

Honorable member
I don't watch much series but the best is Loki on Disney Plus! Tom Hiddleston is great and I enjoy the story line. Besides all this I've always identified with Loki as characterized in Norse mythology. Actually was a bit dismayed when he was portrayed in the original Marvel comic books as more of a villain. I much rather prefer his characterization as a complex mischievous good guy.
Just to add Owen Wilson as Mobius is great too.
I know he looked familiar

MMH

Eminent member
“Alone” on the History Channel. I’m not a big outdoors person but I love watching everything they do to survive and win the $500,000. The mental, physical and emotional journey they take, completely alone, is fascinating. The contestants show off some mad skills as well.

theshahofiran

@phatboy Listen to me. They make anybody and everybody over there. And the way that they do it, it's all f***ed up. Guys don't get their finger pricked. There's no sword and gun on the table...
Five f***in' Families and we got this other pygmy thing over in Jersey... There's no scraps in my scrapbook...

Isntiton

Well, it's not really a series on a major streaming service but I've been watching Strictly Dumplings with Mikey Chen on YouTube. If I had to pick a couple worthy of binge watching though, it would be Ozark, Handmaid's Tale and Umbrella Academy (though these shows only have a few seasons). I am a fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia though too when I'm in need for comedy. I highly recommend if you crave an easy watch!

theshahofiran

Well, it's not really a series on a major streaming service but I've been watching Strictly Dumplings with Mikey Chen on YouTube. If I had to pick a couple worthy of binge watching though, it would be Ozark, Handmaid's Tale and Umbrella Academy (though these shows only have a few seasons). I am a fan of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia though too when I'm in need for comedy. I highly recommend if you crave an easy watch!
Yes, Ozarks an intense one!

Madmanmoonx

Lapsed Senior Member
Well have just been watching a couple which I highly recommend. The 1st is The Godfather of Harlem with Forest Whitikar. Superb series and up there with the best. Really looking forward to the 2nd half of series 2 which is imminent.

The other us a limited minibseries from the BBC called Time. Its only 3 episodes and features Sean Bean and Stephen Graham and is set in a prison. Much better then it sounds I promise. British drama at its best

Muppetsforlife

I can highly recommend Norsemen!

It's a satircal take on life as a Viking. It's story line ans humour are deffinately top shelf.

Especially for those us who liked Vikings, 10/10 can recommend!

rhodes23

"Animal Kingdom" is freakin' awesome! Great actors, drama, action, plot twists, this show has got it all! I binged watched it on Amazon last summer and I'm doing so again this summer. Pure summer escapism in spades. This is the fifth season on TNT and they just signed it up for a sixth and final season. Wish it could go on even longer, it's that good.. Someone compared it to Sopranos meets Baywatch. Hah, Baywatch....really? That doesn't come close to doing it justice. Discover it, watch it and thank me later.

heavymetalviolet

“Lovecraft Country“ is supposed to be good but it looks a little too scary for me!
I wanna see this. Right up my alley.
Just finished "I am a Killer" on Netflix (2 seasons). It's really interesting. I like to see true crime (mostly to see how these guys are caught but also because the crimes can be so beyond the pale that it's hard to believe that some people can even think to do these things to other people). The way the show is laid out is interesting too, because they start off with the murderer telling his/her version of events (some are VERY believable sounding (some are VERY believable!) and then you hear from victims' families, law enforcement, detectives, etc., and you learn just how much difference there is in the tale told by the killer versus the reality. Some of them are tough stories (there are a few you even feel sorry for a little bit due to things from their pasts) but nevertheless, all of them have committed at least one murder and are responsible for the crimes. It definitely shows the gray areas of these kinds of cases.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks