• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

What series have you binge watched lately?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Cratos

Recently watched hand maids tale. My word that was interesting. Crazy because the birth rate thing is really happening. Obviously no one will get away with what the new govt did. The world would never put up with that in a western world.

Soundsoul

Starting on Business Proposal. Sounds like an interesting plot. Money Heist had me hooked up till season 3. Lost interest for no reason after that. Tempted to watch a few mention here for Netflix ones.

calgal99

Eminent member
Slow Horses on A+TV (5-stars!! And S2 will air later this year, sometime). Foundation (ehhhh... needs another couple of seasons to be worthwhile IMO).

net29091

Finished catching up with Ozark...still pretty good but God Wendy Byrde is so annoying - awful.
Yeah I just finished it as well. Without giving away too much, I think Laura Linney is a great actress - but you're right, Wendy Byrde is very annoying - and of all the characters, her actions made the least amount of sense. With the way it ended, I can definitely see some kind of sequel, maybe a series or a movie, 3-5 years from now.

net29091

I've seen a few people post about the two part format to season six of Better Call Saul. It was actually set up to run straight through, but then Bob Odenkirk had his heart attack. My understanding is his heart attack happened during the filming of episode 8, so that's why they changed plans and made Episode 7 the mid-season finale. Thankfully, according to all reports, he's made a full recovery. Should be a great last six episodes of BCS, among other things, at least one of the episodes has been confirmed to have both Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul appearing as their Breaking Bad characters. And of course we'll hopefully find out why Kim Wexler - played by the amazing Rhea Seehorn - never appeared in Breaking Bad.

FTLsloth

Honorable member
Mostly watch sci-fi stuff. Just finished the last season of Raised by Wolves, also the last season of Doctor Who. Almost caught up on all the various Star Trek shows (will binge the last season of Picard soon) as well as the Star Wars ones. About to start The Man Who Fell to Earth and Shining Girls. Loved reading Shining Girls so hoping the show is good. Might try out Outer Range as well.

calgal99

Eminent member
Please, people, if you like spy thrillers, try to watch Slow Horses (A+TV - they have a free trial available.) It's one of the best British spy novel adaptations I've ever seen, as good as the Le Carré Smiley stuff. (And season 2 is supposed to air later this year, sometime.) If you've never read them, Mick Herron has 8 novels and 3 novellas in the "Slough House"/Slow Horses series, and they are all unbelievably good! And Gary Oldman plays the Lead!!

net29091

Mostly watch sci-fi stuff. Just finished the last season of Raised by Wolves, also the last season of Doctor Who. Almost caught up on all the various Star Trek shows (will binge the last season of Picard soon) as well as the Star Wars ones. About to start The Man Who Fell to Earth and Shining Girls. Loved reading Shining Girls so hoping the show is good. Might try out Outer Range as well.
The only sci-fi tv I had ever watched was the remake of Battlestar Galactica, which I loved. But after a seeing many good reviews for The Expanse, I decided to watch Season 1, and I wasn't disappointed - quickly watching the whole 6 seasons. After that I watched Travelers, and thought it was excellent. Decided to try Continuum, and the first season was good enough that I'm starting Season 2. I really think that down the line, there will be some kind of sequel or spinoff from The Expanse - in terms of 'world building', it's kind of like Game of Thrones set in space. And I also wouldn't be surprised to see another season of Travelers. I was just looking at The Man Who Fell to Earth, and it looks really good. But I think I'll wait to at least the end of Season 1, as I like to be able to watch a whole season in a week or less - unless it's a huge show like the final season of Better Call Saul, where if you don't watch it week by week, it will be almost impossible to not come across spoilers on social media.

FTLsloth

Honorable member
@net29091 I LOOOOOVE The Expanse!! Amazing show. Would love a spinoff. Also enjoyed Travelers and Continuum, not as much as The Expanse, but very enjoyable. I usually wait till everythings out too, but have had a rough couple weeks so was watching everything i could lol. I just read how they are turning the trilogy The Three-Body Problem into a series, which is unbelievably exciting. Its one of my favorite series of books ever.

net29091

@net29091 I LOOOOOVE The Expanse!! Amazing show. Would love a spinoff. Also enjoyed Travelers and Continuum, not as much as The Expanse, but very enjoyable. I usually wait till everythings out too, but have had a rough couple weeks so was watching everything i could lol. I just read how they are turning the trilogy The Three-Body Problem into a series, which is unbelievably exciting. Its one of my favorite series of books ever.
Yeah the main reason I don't like to jump into things is because often producing companies like Netflix or Hulu will unexpectedly cancel the series before the story is finished - which is like leaving the last couple of chapters out of a book. Or the original director will leave after one season, and the series goes downhill in quality. But I know what you mean, sometimes you just need something to watch - hope you found enough shows and you're feeling a little better. I had never heard of The Three Body Problem. It looks unbelievable, with the writers from Game of Thrones, and apparently it'll be one of biggest budget productions to date by Netflix. It kind of looks like a combination of Contact and Interstellar. Toughest thing is going to be the wait, they're still filming the first season this year, so likely looking at Spring 2023. I actually put the book in my Amazon cart - I haven't read a book in probably five years lol, but I may just have to give this one a try.

Synecdoche

Exalted member
I was really enjoying The Expanse, but with the pandemic putting these shows on a multi year delay, I always feel compelled to start over, and that is a big time investment. On the other hand, Westworld was two years, between seasons pre-pandemic, because of the crazy technical challenges of filming it. I actually enjoy rewatching it, it is that great!

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
Please, people, if you like spy thrillers, try to watch Slow Horses (A+TV - they have a free trial available.) It's one of the best British spy novel adaptations I've ever seen, as good as the Le Carré Smiley stuff. (And season 2 is supposed to air later this year, sometime.) If you've never read them, Mick Herron has 8 novels and 3 novellas in the "Slough House"/Slow Horses series, and they are all unbelievably good! And Gary Oldman plays the Lead!!
Gary Oldman is pretty spooky, watch him in anything..
1655266183907.png

calgal99

Eminent member
Hey, @froce were you able to watch the show without closed captioning? Several people I kmow said they had to resort to CC to follow the show...

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks