• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

What shortages are in your area?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Chancer

Exalted member
fresh produce and of course gasoline!!
Same in the UK (not the Petrol to my knowledge which sorted itself a few months ago after a few issues). Getting fresh vegetables from a supermarket is getting more difficult. Fortunately my local farm shop still has seasonal stock but its more expensive.

A few decades ago we created (Homegrown) over 80% of the food we consumed in the UK. That has dropped to 69% and is going lower. This is the result....We send our products half way around the world to be repackaged and sent back, bizarre.com.

The most UK patriotic store in the UK is Aldi and its ironically owned my Icelanders. They always focus on British products when they can yet, they are having a few shortages.

Selfhelp

Famous PRer
We don't have noticeable shortages, only higher prices. Used cars are in high demand though. On Friday, I just sold my second car because It was just sitting in the garage and not being used. I bought it three years ago for $13,000 (2015 Buick Verano). Since then I have put about 30k miles on it. When I sold it back to the dealer with 58k miles on it..... They gave me $12,600. I have no idea what they plan on re-selling it for, but I drove it for three years with no problems or repairs, and only lost $400. Crazy times right now!

Chancer

Exalted member
The most UK patriotic store in the UK is Aldi and its ironically owned my Icelanders.
It is?? See, this forum is great! I did not know that. Lol. Pies are hard to find at the moment. Puff, shortcrust, frozen, fresh. Can’t imagine there was a panic buy on pies!? 😁
Yes, the whole store has products covered with the Union Jack (Made/packaged in the UK). It's predominantly aimed at the working class demographic (they knew their target market well) but that's been changing over the years and becoming more class diverse.

Pies or toilet paper? The choices are becoming pretty tough ones now. 😅😆

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
The only one that has been really troubling for us, and has also been really long term, is cat food - specifically the types our little gourmets won't stick their noses up at!
The pet food supply is also a concern in my area Anne, particularly affecting vulnerable seniors.
Sadly; also the number one online scam
Pet food drive is well under way in my city with an overwhelming response:)

Chancer

Exalted member

Bearhug

Eminent member
Quality pet food is also in short supply where I live too. Some of the local charities and food shelves have now started accepting and distributing dog and cat food for those who ask. Everything else seems to be in stock, at higher prices. They don't always have my favorite brand of certain things, but there is always another brand on the shelf. an example: I like the red Charmin, instead the store may have bales of the blue extra soft available. That's close enough for me. Good luck everyone!

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks