• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

What shortages are in your area?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Name taken

Distinguished member
@Selfhelp Did I read that correctly? Some elderly people eat cat food?
It happens unfortunately; we need to pay better respect, or at least pay attention
I can confirm this occurs, as I used to work in a grocery store stocking shelves overnight. When it went on sale people would buy it by the case but my manager told me that it was for their consumption. It’s truly disgraceful as a society that we have our elderly reduced to doing this. This was 20 years ago or more but I can imagine it still goes on especially with the cost of food going up astronomically.

DoctorStrange

I have 4 cats. I feed 6, 2x a day. My cats seem to think I'm running a soup kitchen and invite their friends! The cost has gotten ridiculous, but these are all rescue cats. I won't turn my back on them unless I'm bedridden. There have been sometimes when I wake up hungry and - half asleep - I open what I think is a can of tuna - only to find out, after the first taste - that I am eating Fancy Feast. It has a much stronger taste than tuna for humans. I do not recommend this!

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
I have 4 cats. I feed 6, 2x a day. My cats seem to think I'm running a soup kitchen and invite their friends! The cost has gotten ridiculous, but these are all rescue cats. I won't turn my back on them unless I'm bedridden. There have been sometimes when I wake up hungry and - half asleep - I open what I think is a can of tuna - only to find out, after the first taste - that I am eating Fancy Feast. It has a much stronger taste than tuna for humans. I do not recommend this!
Noticing a plethora of Blue Buffalo brand pet food cans all over the walking trails. Homeless are choosing it as a price conscious protein option.
maybe we're missing something:unsure:

Chancer

Exalted member
Noticing a plethora of Blue Buffalo brand pet food cans all over the walking trails. Homeless are choosing it as a price conscious protein option.
maybe we're missing something:unsure:
I'm really baffled, perhaps times have changed. I worked as a volunteer for quite a few years with homeless young people (which included people who had just been given a home, to help them settle in with budgeting and access to various services). I've never heard of anyone eating cat food, there are numerous soup kitchens (which also provide sandwiches and hot drinks) both static and mobile in the cities. Plus numerous organisations that help with showers and other necessities like sleeping bags etc. I've NEVER heard of anyone eating cat food. Perhaps better advertising of the organisations at work on the streets is needed?

rufusshinra99

Distinguished member
So unfortunately I have one stuck for a week at customs. I am pretty sure it is a goner. Stuck inbound into customs at the dreaded J intnl hub.

I really wish we still had Metro as a backup. Also change the dang packaging. This outfit probably has hundreds of seizures and they still send basically the same packaging. What is the definition of insanity? To keep trying the same thing and expect different results?

Chancer

Exalted member
CP rail just voted to strike, it is seeding time. Hope the Feds understand the urgency and intervene quickly
Why, they have a legal right to strike? Don't you think governments have taken enough rights away from people over the last few years? We will have no rights left at this rate, unless you're an elite then the laws don't count.

Chancer

Exalted member
@Chancer , it is complicated. Yes I support the workers hon. Maybe engage through DM
I'm happy to discuss in PMs but 96% of workers voted in favour, people can't pontificate about 'democracy' then complain when it works against you. Its interesting that regardless whether governments across the world are left/right/centrist yet, they all seem on the same page regarding the rights of the 'plebs'.

I voted Remain during Brexit then switched and voted Tory, (in effect supporting Brexit) because I respected we had a referendum and those people's wishes should be honoured regardless. I studied law and there are too few rights that protect and give the working/middle classes some semblance of power as it stands yet, its being corroded even more on an almost daily basis.

The have a military/national guard that can be used when the situation requires it however, putting a proverbial gun to peoples heads to make them work is edging further back towards slavery....

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
@Chancer , it is complicated. Yes I support the workers hon. Maybe engage through DM
I'm happy to discuss in PMs but 96% of workers voted in favour, people can't pontificate about 'democracy' then complain when it works against you. Its interesting that regardless whether governments across the world are left/right/centrist yet, they all seem on the same page regarding the rights of the 'plebs'.

I voted Remain during Brexit then switched and voted Tory, (in effect supporting Brexit) because I respected we had a referendum and those people's wishes should be honoured regardless. I studied law and there are too few rights that protect and give the working/middle classes some semblance of power as it stands yet, its being corroded even more on an almost daily basis.

The have a military/national guard that can be used when the situation requires it however, putting a proverbial gun to peoples heads to make them work is edging further back towards slavery....
Canada is hanging on by a thread, CP strike action would have dire consequences not only to Canada, but the world food supply as well
> Seems the strike is settled for now, always appreciate friends who are not afraid to question, thank you lovely

I am also a plebe, supported the NDP in various elections. Also support the Canadian military in a big way, and by extension the US military and NATO

Last edited:

Chancer

Exalted member

Canada is hanging on by a thread, CP strike action would have dire consequences not only to Canada, but the world food supply as well
> Seems the strike is settled for now, always appreciate friends who are not afraid to question, thank you lovely

I am also a plebe, supported the NDP in various elections. Also support the Canadian military in a big way, and by extension the US military and NATO
I understand the difficulties, I truly do as were living it here too in the UK with prices skyrocketing for food and petrol etc. However that being said; we cannot allow a situation that allows the powerful to bully and terrorise the electorate into compliance. Thats not a democracy, it's the beginnings of a dictatorship and the history books tell us how well that's going to work out....

I suspect things are going to get worst before they get better but keep the faith, my friend. We are after all the 99% and thats whats really scares them, when the plebs revolt and refuse to bow down and be dragged into sending their kids off to war to kill other peoples kids, just to protect the business interests and the taxes rolling in to benefit the 1%.

You set me off on a tangent 🤣 Although, I truly believe we need to keep the faith that it will all work out eventually, if we are fighting each other we aren't paying attention to 'them', its classic 'divide and conquer' tactics.

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
Off to Tangent town are we;)
Not to protect business interests; the right to live in a democratic society comes with casualties.
New shortages this week; pepper/pepper mills, any kind of laxative, anything Automotive related and competent doctors.
Week over week, seeing an average of 30 percent increase in my food/fuel basket over the past 4 months

Last edited:

Chancer

Exalted member
Off to Tangent town are we;)
Not to protect business interests; the right to live in a democratic society comes with casualties.
New shortages this week; pepper/pepper mills, any kind of laxative, anything Automotive related and competent doctors.
Week over week, seeing an average of 30 percent increase in my food/fuel basket over the past 4 months
Yes, another tangent incoming too....😅
What they are trying to do is put our backs up against the wall, then they can justify raising the taxes to levels that we are so dependent on the State and doing their bidding, rather than them doing our bidding as it should be.

Let's take oil; a few years ago it dropped to literally free and Governments bought so much they literally couldn't find enough places to store it. Yet, somehow we are in a position that prices are skyrocketing? Manipulating markets its something they are extremely good at but its NEVER to our benefit, always theirs. Where is all that oil today? We are paying insane prices for something they literally got us at seriously low prices using our tax dollars.

They set up a system that sent jobs half way across the world and we become dependent on Countries 1000s off miles away and losing millions of jobs to benefit the 1%, then they blame us for the shortages. We didn't get us into this mess yet, you are expecting the same people who did to somehow fix it to our benefit? Problem-Reaction-Solution, they created it causing our reaction and now expect us to beg them to fix it?? Too many people have stopped buying the BS they are selling.

Attachments

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
Starting with a like, will investigate and adjust if necessary:happy:
I have no expectations anymore. Some pretty good points; a bit mingled together.
I am old and slow in my native form so take it easy on me:cool:

Keepin it green there !

Last edited:

Chancer

Exalted member
Starting with a like, will investigate and adjust if necessary:happy:
Please do, any info you find can only benefit the discussion. Just, please don't come at me with so called 'fact checkers' as they are the most propoganda influencing entity out in cyber space today. Forbes wrote a great article about them a few years ago so I will try and find it.

I also added an article from RT but it got almost auto reported to the mods? All quite strange, so I took a screenshot 😁....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks