• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

What's Considered a Large Order?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Bluebell

That Snail Is Fast
I figure anything over 60 maybe 90 is a large order and it also depends item, I would think.
Oh well maybe this is old , trying to answer.... @fundus

heavymetalviolet

Personally I try to stick to a strict 90 quantity at a time. But it all depends on what you're ordering too. The lower the category the lower the quantity I'd be willing to risk ordering. Another big consideration is your state's laws. In my state for example the offense/legal jeopardy for possession of certain schedules of drugs is based on quantity. If I were ordering one of those I'd make darn sure to stay under the limit.
This. I once consulted with a lawyer on this topic (just because). 90 is technically an amount that could be considered for personal use, so that could be a potential reason for your ordering that quantity. Ordering, say, 500 of something, though, is more likely to gain attention and raise eyebrows because they think you're trying to buy enough to sell. So that's one way it's viewed. Not saying I agree with this, just repeating what I was once told.
Most "maintenance" medications are filled in 90 day refills at this point in time, so it is fairly easy to make an argument that you are ordering 30, 60, or 90 based on a one per day dosage. Of course it helps if you have actually recently had a prescription for the medication you're ordering. The FDA actually has a page that implies that in some cases quantities up to 90 can be allowed: https://www.fda.gov/industry/import-basics/personal-importation

Personally, I always keep an archived copy of that on hand. My thinking (and I'm not a lawyer, I'm just an individual) is if an order ever actually got snagged and a knock on the door came I could always show the expired medication bottle I kept from my previous prescription, that FDA page, and plead ignorant since it implies it is allowed.

Like @heavymetalviolet said, if you're ordering 100's or 1k at a time obviously that's going to be hard to explain if a knock on the door comes.
Precisely. You can order legit prescriptions for up to 90 day use; I have prescriptions that are not of this type that come in that format, so purchasing in that quantity could arguably be done for that reason (again, coming from the lawyer I queried). But folks buying, say, 800 pills at a shot would be more suspect because the powers that be may be looking to hit them with trafficking, distributing, or what have you. I am NOT a lawyer myself, so YMMV. My preferred provider usually sells in blocks of 90 anyway, so it works out. (I could probably push for a higher quantity, but I'm sure the cost would match it and I'd rather not go that route).

ToadLix

Famous PRer
WOW SO MANY DIFFERENT OPINOINS ON WHAT IS A LARGE ORDER. I THINK IT DEPENDS ON THE MEDICATION ITS SELF LIKE FOR EXAMPLE YOUR NOT GOING TO NEED 900 BLOOD PRESSURE PILLS FOR A 90 DAY SUPPLY, BUT AT THE SAME TIME YOU COULD NEED A LARGE AMOUNT OF SLEEPING MEDICATIONS OR ANTI-DEPRESSANTS OR ANTI-HISTIMINES I MEAN IT REALLY JUST COMES DOWN TO THE MEDICATION I THINK.

SO I FEEL IT WOULD BE HARD TO PUT A REAL NUMBER ON WHAT IS A LARGE ORDER OR NOT.

Anne Onomis

Distinguished member
I know I remember reading a fed admitting that they didn't even consider opening cases for less than a thousand pills of anything. But that's the feds, who only have the resources to focus on the distributors. Problem is, it is the state/local agencies who do the smaller busts and what they consider going after seems less to do with count and much more the specific depts own opinions, with a general trend I've seen with the arrests being that SE states, more conservative areas, are higher risk. Customs reports show confiscations of orders with thousands of pills fairly often, don't see too many busts, but in a few news stories I've seen customs did tip off the local agencies, who ran with it. Some local authorities are very ignorant and/or backwards with this stuff, read reports comparing tramadol to fentanyl, treating a few hundred pills of it like some huge amount.

The short of it is, from what I've seen: controlled deliveries/arrests for anything in the personal use realm of amount are very rare, but you can't rule them out in any case. I mentioned this in another thread, but the smallest report I've ever seen of one was in the closest large town to me (saw it on the local news), I won't name it but it is SE US. It was pretty far back, 2013-14 I think, and I might be remembering the amount wrong but I think it was 30 pills of Xanax, it was very small.

Also, I repeat this a lot on these boards, source being a couple Amazon lawyer authors I've read (books "A Toast to Silence" and "You Have the Right to Remain Innocent") - if they ever come knocking, DO NOT TALK. Don't try to explain, don't make excuses, ANYTHING. NOTHING you tell them will help you, period, can only be used against you. Your silence - though they'll try to deceive you otherwise perhaps - can never be used against you in the US. And these are hard cases to make stick, by their own admission. If they can't get info off your devices (and the states often don't have the resources to go far with forensic computer stuff with most cases, from something else I read), they pretty much need you to say something to have a case. So your statements need to be limited to - "I decline to make any statements." "Am I under arrest, or am I free to go?" and if any question that you are under arrest, "I demand a lawyer."

heavymetalviolet

I know I remember reading a fed admitting that they didn't even consider opening cases for less than a thousand pills of anything. But that's the feds, who only have the resources to focus on the distributors. Problem is, it is the state/local agencies who do the smaller busts and what they consider going after seems less to do with count and much more the specific depts own opinions, with a general trend I've seen with the arrests being that SE states, more conservative areas, are higher risk. Customs reports show confiscations of orders with thousands of pills fairly often, don't see too many busts, but in a few news stories I've seen customs did tip off the local agencies, who ran with it. Some local authorities are very ignorant and/or backwards with this stuff, read reports comparing tramadol to fentanyl, treating a few hundred pills of it like some huge amount.

The short of it is, from what I've seen: controlled deliveries/arrests for anything in the personal use realm of amount are very rare, but you can't rule them out in any case. I mentioned this in another thread, but the smallest report I've ever seen of one was in the closest large town to me (saw it on the local news), I won't name it but it is SE US. It was pretty far back, 2013-14 I think, and I might be remembering the amount wrong but I think it was 30 pills of Xanax, it was very small.

Also, I repeat this a lot on these boards, source being a couple Amazon lawyer authors I've read (books "A Toast to Silence" and "You Have the Right to Remain Innocent") - if they ever come knocking, DO NOT TALK. Don't try to explain, don't make excuses, ANYTHING. NOTHING you tell them will help you, period, can only be used against you. Your silence - though they'll try to deceive you otherwise perhaps - can never be used against you in the US. And these are hard cases to make stick, by their own admission. If they can't get info off your devices (and the states often don't have the resources to go far with forensic computer stuff with most cases, from something else I read), they pretty much need you to say something to have a case. So your statements need to be limited to - "I decline to make any statements." "Am I under arrest, or am I free to go?" and if any question that you are under arrest, "I demand a lawyer."
Yep. The lawyer I chatted with on this topic told me the same. If I was stopped, ask if I was being detained or if I was free to leave. If being detained, I was only to ask to speak to my lawyer, nothing else, and then contact said lawyer. We've all seen COPS where the police officers tell the guy they just busted that "if you just tell us what you're doing and tell us the truth, you'll be fine." Guy does. "OK, thanks, dude, now you're going to jail." If you're at that stage, you're probably going to jail anyway, but a lawyer will have a lot more to work with if you say nothing to them as opposed to "I swear I didn't know anything about those 2000 Xanax in my purse! My friend asked me to hold it for them!" Uh huh.

ToadLix

Famous PRer
one of the pharmacys i order from here has limits i think of around 500 pills per package give or take but it seems like its around 500 so i think thats what i personally would consider a large order 1000-2000 pills at once wow i would be so worried about that pack

Chancer

Exalted member
UK: The law in the UK was previously 3 months supply, so I would use the BNF (UK doctors bible). Then calculate the maximum dose as per the guide on the medication I was looking for and that would be my maximum order number. The posts I made should still be in the legal section of the forum.

This was when I originally joined the forum back in 2012 and I had a mixed experience using this methodology. I received letters opened by customs they forwarded on to me with an 'opened by customs' orange sticker, I also received a few LLs too for the same meds/amount, so I believe it depends on the legal knowledge of the particular customs agent and the particular medication classification, benzo vs opiates etc.

I haven't bothered checking the various legislative changes since 2012 (there have been many). There didn't seem to be any point as it was still hit and miss regardless. Fundamentally you want to avoid any potential suspicion on customs part that you are buying 'with intent to supply' rather than for 'personal use'. For them to follow up will cost alot of funds from their budget, so they will weigh up the potential funding costs and a 'successful operation' etc. 1000 would be a waste of money imo although 10,000 would definitely be difficult for them to justifiably ignore.

poolhustler1001

Honorable member
Small order are the best, at least for me. I wouldn't order anything more than 30 days. Sometimes it gets through, but when it gets lost, that adds up quickly.

ethom

Distinguished member
For whatever reason, I think the 270 number works well. 90 days, three pills a day. I also would be afraid to order in bulk although it is tempting. Money is also a concern as I assume every order is a possible scam.

One of our old sites went out of business at beginning of COVID and sent me a few hundred bottles (4?) of tram on top of my order. I didn't expect it so it didn't cause me any anxiety. Still have those bottle unopened but they are legit as I used that brand many times and the bottles are locked with plastic. I am a stockpiler and take frequent days off. Large orders would be awesome as I could order once a year. Just too nervous about it due to money and possible seizure.

ToadLix

Famous PRer
For whatever reason, I think the 270 number works well. 90 days, three pills a day. I also would be afraid to order in bulk although it is tempting. Money is also a concern as I assume every order is a possible scam.

One of our old sites went out of business at beginning of COVID and sent me a few hundred bottles (4?) of tram on top of my order. I didn't expect it so it didn't cause me any anxiety. Still have those bottle unopened but they are legit as I used that brand many times and the bottles are locked with plastic. I am a stockpiler and take frequent days off. Large orders would be awesome as I could order once a year. Just too nervous about it due to money and possible seizure.

ok my advice take a few anxiety pills before making a large order then proceed to consume large amounts of anxiety medication till your order gets there then your set for the year hahahah

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks