What's the Best kids film

Myrtle

Inside out and Up are two favorites in our house! Emotionally deep but with great reason and helps kids understand pain and different emotions. Highly recommend!!

macy539

All the Studio Ghibli anime films from Japan are loved by my kids. My Neighbor Tortoro is their favorite movie. I don't know if they're making any new movies.

superman11

Pretty sure FINDING NEMO is up there. Although the LEGO MOVIE was great and anything Pixar is absolutely spot on. The best FAMILY film for 12 and up for my money of all time is BACK TO THE FUTURE. Nigh on perfect film.

onlyareader

Honorable member
I like the Don Bluth classics, Secret of Nimh and Land Before Time (but NOT the army of sequels).

As a kid I watched Watership Down a lot, but it kinda makes me wonder how I wasn't traumatized.

There's a lot of good kids movies that somehow are known among nerds but forgotten by the general public, like the 1986 Transformers the Movie and Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer. When I was a kid we used to get tons of VHS tapes of weird movies from other countries dubbed into English, like Asterix vs Caesar (based on a Belgium comic book). Recently on Youtube I found someone had uploaded one of my childhood favorites, another english-version of a Belgium movie called John the Fearless:

Its too bad a lot of this stuff isn't more widely available, as I like this stuff more than the standard Disney (which I find gets repetitive and formulaic, even if it is nicely animated).

Cassius Star

There are so many great kids movies out there. I grew up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Lion King, The Land Before Time (there's so many movies in the series), Space Jam, and so much more. My favorite from what I mentioned is The Lion King. :)

LuckyIrish

Distinguished member
My kids have really been into ‘Miss Peregrines Home for Unusual Children’. Anyone seen that? First of all, it’s creepy af, and second it took me a couple of viewings to understand wtf was going on. Pretty sure the kids like it bc I hate it so much. I prefer ‘Dora the Explorer’. Any movie with a pooping song is aces in my book!

Cassius Star

My kids have really been into ‘Miss Peregrines Home for Unusual Children’. Anyone seen that? First of all, it’s creepy af, and second it took me a couple of viewings to understand wtf was going on. Pretty sure the kids like it bc I hate it so much. I prefer ‘Dora the Explorer’. Any movie with a pooping song is aces in my book!
Yeah I watched it a while back, didn't care much for it. It is a creepy movie, but that's to be expected with anything from Tim Burton. All of his movies feel and look the same to me.