• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

What's your reason for buying meds online?

Why do you buy meds online?

• Have health insurance, but doctor would not prescribe

Votes: 78 34.1%
  • Have health insurance, but cheaper online

Votes: 26 11.4%
  • Have health insurance, but more convenient to just buy them online

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • Do not have health insurance

Votes: 32 14.0%
  • Looking for meds that are unobtainable in your country

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • Self-diagnosins/prescribing

Votes: 54 23.6%

• Total voters

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Snag-A-Puss

Distinguished member
Hard to obtain in this country now. Like, next to impossible. Have to have a kidney stone and even then you get like 10 oxycodone or something ridiculous like that. In some instances terminal patients are getting denied pain mgmt which is cruel & unusual punishment IMO. I was always paranoid about asking for things at the doctor before the "opiate epidemic" made it impossible to get meds so I never got them that way to begin with, and I'd never dream of buying such things on the street for safety reasons. (No method is guaranteed safe: even blister pack meds have tested dirty so I keep fentanyl test strips on hand for new batches from new vendors, but overall it's just safer than buying from American street vendors).

I'm also a private person & don't want to end up in a database with every pill I take on my permanent medical record. Too Big Brother how we do things here.

redgoat

Honorable member
Lifes short. I have things I need medicating and the Doctors don't want to help. They seem stuck on an enternal loop of; "We can only prescribe you SSRIs.... hmmmm, do you want an SSRI?"

So I'm taking matters into my own hands. I'm quite an expert in my own maladies and how to treat them. I don't want to face my difficulties with one hand tied behind my back by knowing what I need but not being able to access it.

redgoat

Honorable member
Oh and ******* doctors.

I've been told to buy meds off of drugs dealers when I've lost my prescription. Like literally told to go on the street and source my repeat prescription off a dealer when I lost it. (This was for benzodiazepines too mind, so the withdrawal I was in was a problem.)

So for my own safety - Doctors cannot be trusted. I need a backup of benzodiazepines. I haven't abused them in about 7 years - despite being on them every damn day.

Plus - theres some other things I need - and I won't even bother these days trying to talk to a G.P about anything - they aren't interested in helping me with medication or mental health. It's insane - but it's the situation currently for me. So I need my own supplies.

Last edited:

cajunbulldog

Eminent member
Oh and ******* doctors.

I've been told to buy meds off of drugs dealers when I've lost my prescription. Like literally told to go on the street and source my repeat prescription of a dealer when I lost it. (This was for benzodiazepines too mind, so the withdrawal I was in was a problem.)

So for my own safety - Doctors cannot be trusted. I need a backup of benzodiazepines. I haven't abused them in about 7 years - despite being on them every damn day.

Plus - theres some other things I need - and I won't even bother these days trying to talk to a G.P about anything - they aren't interested in helping me with medication or mental health. It's insane - but it's the situation currently for me. So I need my own supplies.
I have everything on prescription with prescription being free. I get medical care and meds free since I am a 100% disabled american veteran.I am sourcing one med becase my shrink does not think my anxiety is bad enough to treat it daily as a preventative. I also have some good Medicare doctors that can see me quicker than The Veterans Admin can.

redgoat

Honorable member
Glad your getting free prescriptions and some good care.

I live in the U.K - and I'm supposed to get free support from the NHS but that's not the reality of the situation.
I've had to pay for my own therapy privatley for the last 3 years which has eaten into my disability benefits massively.
Now I've also started paying for my own medication now as the Doctors won't give me anything but SSRI + the Diazepam I'm already on (low dose). and what with medical cannabis now being trailed here I can buy some of that - which is very helpful to me. It's very expensive however.

Most of my money is on therapy on meds. Not very pleased with that... I hope it changes soon.

dummy

I have CFS/ME and I cannot get a physician to take my symptoms seriously. It is humiliating to have to beg.. when I present them with peer-reviewed studies of treatments that have worked for others and still be denied. And I try to meet them in the middle, but it's all for nothing. I have been on SO many different SSRIs to try and placate them but I can no longer stand what they do to my mind.... So I self-prescribe to try and get better. I do exhaustive research into my condition to make sure what I take is safe and through trial and error I am so blessed to see some results. Have recovered from being bedbound for almost a year!

SoAndSo

Not a Newbie
It's cheaper if you buy in bulk. Plain and simple for me. It's better too.

yellnhollar

Distinguished member
I have a huge swollen bone on bone knee, arthritis in my neck with 2 herniated discs, arthritis in both shoulders, a pinched nerve in my neck that extend all the way down my arm and I fell on my knees and slammed my collarbone on the edge of the table and I’m all bruised. I went in for help with pain. I got 7 -50 mg Tramadol pills. That’s it. I can take one a day.
I started crying today and I had to quit because it just gives me a migraine. I’m so sore I want to never mind.
I need help and I cannot find the help. I can’t afford the $400 plus money is to us wants. This is so damn frustrating, I got no where to turn anymore.

Last edited:

jaders

Exalted member
I have a huge swollen bone on bone knee, arthritis in my neck with 2 herniated discs, arthritis in both shoulders, a pinched nerve in my neck that extend all the way down my arm and I fell on my knees and slammed my collarbone on the edge of the table and I’m all bruised. I went in for help with pain. I got 7 -50 mg Tramadol pills. That’s it. I can take one a day.
I started crying today and I had to quit because it just gives me a migraine. I’m so sore I want to never mind.
I need help and I cannot find the help. I can’t afford the $400 plus money is to us wants. This is so damn frustrating, I got no where to turn anymore.

Have you tried a pain management practice? I suppose you have when you say you have not been able to find help.

I can’t believe any compassionate doctor would think one tram a day would do anything worth anything? That just sounds insane doesn’t it? 🤬

Lookingforhelp

Hey now
My main reason for ordering online to receive my medication is cause my doctor won’t give me what i know helps me. I guess he feels uncomfortable giving me something that is not given out on a daily basis to his patients. He does give me benzodiazepines and it helps me a little. I do know if he went that extra mile for me and decided to prescribe me Xanax for my anxiety it would definitely help me. I know this cause I tried them before and the difference was huge between what he gives me and what i ordered. That’s how i know it would be a lot better for me to take xan. I’m very lucky to have found someone to help me with this but it consist for me to place my order. That’s why I order from online pharmacies cause it’s what helps me the best. Like I said though, i’m very lucky to have found this place to help my anxiety. I believe everyone should be aloud to be on a medication that helps them for what they are going through.

Lookingforhelp

Hey now
@Lookingforhelp That's why this forum is a life-saver. Like so many, it's important for us to take control of our mental and physical selves on our own. The heath care system and "professionals" don't take the time to listen, nor care what works or doesn't work for us. I hope you find what you need on this forum. Take care of yourself!
I couldn’t agree with you more bellavamp I wish health care would listen and spend more time looking at what a patient is in need of to help them cope everyday in life instead of worrying that they are taking something that they are uncomfortable prescribing to you. It’s not about that for so many people but we are looked at that way.

Mscali

@bellavamp I feel the same. My Dr. and the whole hospital dropped all pain medicine, no explanation to people I knew and interacted with. I was told you almost had to be literally dying to get pain meds. I thought they were exaggerating. Maybe.

Physical therapy became huge. Water therapy was the go to referral for people with knee, hip, back or limb problems. Imagine being referred to a pain clinic with no prescription writing abilities within this hospital. Some said weight surgery became easier to get, to help people lose weight so it would help with the pain in knees, hips, and backs. I felt it was true, but it wasn't for everyone. I tried it but it was only a couple of months.
I pressed I was finally told it was a federal law that had been passed with stringent new rules. So I had a valid need, and would've still been getting the pain med that was I legally prescribed by them if not for a law that I felt didn't apply to me.
I feel I was forced to Dr. shop because it was all over where I live the denial of pain meds. And I have seen people in much more pain than myself denied.
So I'm here because I had to do something for myself. The pain didn't go away just because of the law change. I felt they never saw me as a person. And they knew I didn't abuse my prescription. I'm just tired of looking up clinics taking my records and then put on a waiting list. Willing to sign a contract I didn't understand. Just fed up. Me and so many other have been put in a very bad situation with few choices.

It's so bad here my friend said her dentist had to fight with her insurance company for meds for her oral surgery. They finally gave her 5.

Again people with legal rights but denied by people who don't see people as individuals anymore.
I feel I now have to stress, hope I don't get cheated, or get a bad med or visited by ppl with badges lol, because a law I knew nothing about.

jaders

Exalted member
@bellavamp I feel the same. My Dr. and the whole hospital dropped all pain medicine, no explanation to people I knew and interacted with. I was told you almost had to be literally dying to get pain meds. I thought they were exaggerating. Maybe.

Physical therapy became huge. Water therapy was the go to referral for people with knee, hip, back or limb problems. Imagine being referred to a pain clinic with no prescription writing abilities within this hospital. Some said weight surgery became easier to get, to help people lose weight so it would help with the pain in knees, hips, and backs. I felt it was true, but it wasn't for everyone. I tried it but it was only a couple of months.
I pressed I was finally told it was a federal law that had been passed with stringent new rules. So I had a valid need, and would've still been getting the pain med that was I legally prescribed by them if not for a law that I felt didn't apply to me.
I feel I was forced to Dr. shop because it was all over where I live the denial of pain meds. And I have seen people in much more pain than myself denied.
So I'm here because I had to do something for myself. The pain didn't go away just because of the law change. I felt they never saw me as a person. And they knew I didn't abuse my prescription. I'm just tired of looking up clinics taking my records and then put on a waiting list. Willing to sign a contract I didn't understand. Just fed up. Me and so many other have been put in a very bad situation with few choices.

It's so bad here my friend said her dentist had to fight with her insurance company for meds for her oral surgery. They finally gave her 5.

Again people with legal rights but denied by people who don't see people as individuals anymore.
I feel I now have to stress, hope I don't get cheated, or get a bad med or visited by ppl with badges lol, because a law I knew nothing about.

And they are LYING when they say it’s a new federal LAW! NO law was passed to change what doctors can or cannot prescribe! The CDC sadly and very unfortunately came out with new GUIDELINES that were meant to be just that - GUIDELINES!! - in response to the uptick of opioid deaths. And of course, since they changed these guidelines and no one can get legitimate pain meds - did that change the uptick of opioid deaths? Well OF COURSE NOT! It’s even higher than it was then. It’s not pain patients who ever were in danger of abusing and dying. It’s kids and a very small percentage of folks who found the few doctors who were writing gobs of scripts knowing the peeps were taking way over what was supposed to be prescribed and used.
Where I live it’s not great here either but so far I don’t know of any place that doesn’t give ANY pain meds. I got adequate pain help when I fractured my wrist, mostly from my own pcp who knows me well. The surgeon gave some too but without my pcp’s supplements it would not have been nearly adequate. Yet I still have not heard of a hospital that gives out nothing. That just seems like malpractice, to me. I’d be moving or looking elsewhere if that crap was actually going on. Again - no FEDERAL law was ever passed, altho I do think some states went way too far and did pass their own laws. Maybe you live in such a state?

You ought to show someone there this article… https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/...pplication-guideline-prescribing-opioids.html

And here’s a newer one: https://www.aamc.org/advocacy-polic...-issues-updated-guideline-prescribing-opioids

The CDC effed up and they know it. Time to really push back. 🤬

@Mscali. Hope you find everything you need here as well…🙏

Last edited:

edouard

My main reason for ordering online to receive my medication is cause my doctor won’t give me what i know helps me. I guess he feels uncomfortable giving me something that is not given out on a daily basis to his patients. He does give me benzodiazepines and it helps me a little. I do know if he went that extra mile for me and decided to prescribe me Xanax for my anxiety it would definitely help me. I know this cause I tried them before and the difference was huge between what he gives me and what i ordered. That’s how i know it would be a lot better for me to take xan. I’m very lucky to have found someone to help me with this but it consist for me to place my order. That’s why I order from online pharmacies cause it’s what helps me the best. Like I said though, i’m very lucky to have found this place to help my anxiety. I believe everyone should be aloud to be on a medication that helps them for what they are going through.
It's a national disgrace that the medical system has become this way. Would you cut a diabetic from his insulin - because of the stigma of using a needle?
That's what this seems to be: most of us with a legitimate need for certain meds (That actually work for the particular condition!) become scrutinized by the doctor for "drug seeking behavior"; we acquire this new stigma.
Otherwise, it seems to me, doctors are scared to be ratted out by some self-appointed morality police pharmacist and have LE attention brought to their practice.
In the 'good 'ol days (sigh), I remember the saying "better living through chemistry". :)

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks