• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Zelle sucks

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Little Alex

Distinguished member
You can't make this shit up, when the Android Zelle app asks me how much I wish to send, only the numbers one, two, and three are on the screen. I can only enter those multiples. Need to push #5? You're out of luck

I called two support numbers, they are CLUELESS. I have no idea what to do. Some vendors only accept this piece of crap Zelle, and bit coin. I mite as well try to find a Idiots guide to buying bit coin, because at this point my hands are shaking and I can't do any more fiddling with tech that DOES NOT work.

Tron28

Honorable member
Zelle works great for me. Sounds like this may be an issue limited to just you.

Little Alex

Distinguished member
I uninstalled the app, I shrunk the font size. They said it was a known issue. I don't have an Apple phone. I manage to fail at most everything so this is par for the course

I mite try it again, but the people that only take zelle are out of the product I need

Torr

Distinguished member
Is there a different phone you can try the app on? Or perhaps a friends device that you trust and would have control over while logged into the app? I have used zelle and never had an issue. I do not use the app anymore though. My bank integrated zelle into their actual banking app.

Veejur

Distinguished member
Is there a different phone you can try the app on? Or perhaps a friends device that you trust and would have control over while logged into the app? I have used zelle and never had an issue. I do not use the app anymore though. My bank integrated zelle into their actual banking app.
Most banks integrate Zelle within their OLB which is the right way to do it

jannie

Honorable member
Agree with Veejur, go into your bank and use Zelle that way. Worked good for me once set up.

Veejur

Distinguished member
Agree with Veejur, go into your bank and use Zelle that way. Worked good for me once set up.
FYI: Zelle is owned by a corporation named Early Warning Systems which is owned in turn by Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, BB&T, among other international banks. It has A LOT of serious backing

Torr

Distinguished member
FYI: Zelle is owned by a corporation named Early Warning Systems which is owned in turn by Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, BB&T, among other international banks. It has A LOT of serious backing
Zelle isn't integrated into a lot of banks. I had to use the app before I banked with one that had it built in. So this is preference, not a security based thing. Using the app is just as secure. Just only about 40% of the zelle US users have access to zelle through their bank. The rest use the app.

Veejur

Distinguished member
Zelle isn't integrated into a lot of banks. I had to use the app before I banked with one that had it built in. So this is preference, not a security based thing. Using the app is just as secure. Just only about 40% of the zelle US users have access to zelle through their bank. The rest use the app.
I know of at least 10 large national banks it is integrated with and two more with active projects to do so

jannie

Honorable member
I opened a new account at a bank that had it, takes a few days of verification but then you're ready. Did it all online.

Torr

Distinguished member
I know of at least 10 large national banks it is integrated with and two more with active projects to do so
Considering 43% of Americans use credit unions and another 25% use prepaid cards. Not happening anytime soon. Those national banks make up the rest of that 100% of all banked Americans. Credit unions have different processes and laws that they cannot use zelle anytime soon, and they operate off stricter member laws. Individual boards have to vote and there are 1000s of credit unions in the US. 🤷🏻‍♂️ while I get what your saying. Your timeline is off.

Torr

Distinguished member
I opened a new account at a bank that had it, takes a few days of verification but then you're ready. Did it all online.
Yay glad you found one of the national banks that works with zelle.

Veejur

Distinguished member
Considering 43% of Americans use credit unions and another 25% use prepaid cards. Not happening anytime soon. Those national banks make up the rest of that 100% of all banked Americans. Credit unions have different processes and laws that they cannot use zelle anytime soon, and they operate off stricter member laws. Individual boards have to vote and there are 1000s of credit unions in the US. 🤷🏻‍♂️ while I get what your saying. Your timeline is off.
I've been in the banking industry for 25+ years workingfor small, mid, and large banks. . I'm not that far off.

Toby2000

Lapsed Senior Member
I used Zelle for about a year and it was really simple (I have BOA) but that popular vendor bit the dust and I haven’t used it since. I tried to get my Neice to set it up so I could send her money that way but I guess cash app is what the kids are all using lol

Veejur

Distinguished member
I used Zelle for about a year and it was really simple (I have BOA) but that popular vendor bit the dust and I haven’t used it since. I tried to get my Neice to set it up so I could send her money that way but I guess cash app is what the kids are all using lol
Zelle 'bit the dust? Please expound if you would.

jannie

Honorable member
I think he means the " vendor" bit the dust, not Zelle.

Veejur

Distinguished member
I think he means the " vendor" bit the dust, not Zelle.
Ah that makes much more sense!!!!

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks