Zolfed -10. (Ambien generic.)

tycho

Honorable member
Ah, that's right. The company changed a molecule so they could market it again in the US (zopiclone didn't do well on this side of the pond). That's how my shrink put it. Marketing - molecule - $$. Still leaves a horrible taste in our mouth - both do.
Sonata (I think that's a brand name) is another one, very short acting. Expensive.
I wondered about that. A veritable retail "research chemical!" :)

Haven't yet tried it but I've often read about the annoying Zopiclone aftertaste. Hadn't heard one way or the other that it was also present with Eszopiclone (makes sense that it is present there as well).

hooosier1

Zopiclone

Hmm that is an interesting marketing tool. Wonder how often Pharm Company’s do that... I for one would welcome a bad tasting ambien if it worked the same.. unless it was horrible lol. I will have to sample it. Nothing like a good night’s sleep!

liltiki2

Honorable member
It knocks me out, the taste comes first unfortunately, then lasted throughout the next day and sometimes into the next. It's not just the taste on your tongue momentarily, it stays there. And it made liquids and food taste like yuk. If I could have gotten around that taste I would be putting in orders left and right (zopiclone easier to get overseas than zolpidem). I have tried Lunesta also (no insurance at the time, prescribed, cost me almost $300). The taste (let alone the cost) put me off just like zopiclone.
At least with zolpidem you have no residual effects. In and out I say. Just don't drive or go to the kitchen after you take it. ;-)
Would love to try halcion someday.

tycho

Honorable member
Ah, that's right. The company changed a molecule so they could market it again in the US [as Eszopiclone] (zopiclone didn't do well on this side of the pond). That's how my shrink put it. Marketing - molecule - $$. Still leaves a horrible taste in our mouth - both do.
the taste comes first unfortunately, then lasted throughout the next day and sometimes into the next. It's not just the taste on your tongue momentarily, it stays there. And it made liquids and food taste like yuk. If I could have gotten around that taste I would be putting in orders left and right (zopiclone easier to get overseas than zolpidem). I have tried Lunesta also (no insurance at the time, prescribed, cost me almost $300). The taste (let alone the cost) put me off just like zopiclone.
At least with zolpidem you have no residual effects. In and out I say. Just don't drive or go to the kitchen after you take it. ;-)
I've had a chance to try the "Hypnight-3" brand Eszopiclone mentioned in my post #39. Had it twice now. No horrible taste in my mouth whatsoever. Never had plain Zopiclone so I can't compare, but I'm not seeing that side-effect from the Eszopiclone...

ethom

Honorable member
I sometimes take half of a zopiclone. Works great with no hangover. I like ambien better (hate the taste of zopiclone) but never found legit stuff on here. I have a prescription for Ambien but hate asking to get it filled.

I have found that taking half a zopiclone, then brushing teeth and gargling with teeth whitener rinse helps with the taste. And I bite my pills in half so that taste is definitely there.

tycho

Honorable member
... (hate the taste of zopiclone) ... I have found that taking half a zopiclone, then brushing teeth and gargling with teeth whitener rinse helps with the taste. And I bite my pills in half so that taste is definitely there.
I got a very cheap pill cutter ages ago. If the taste of the zop is so bad maybe get one of those instead of biting the pills in half! :p Probably more accurate, too...