Thread: Which is the best Sept 2019 Beatles (Tourist) historical tour? (London UK)

El Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud of

Question Which is the best Sept 2019 Beatles (Tourist) historical tour? (London UK)

Have not been to UK in a very long time.

I do not count a stopover @ LHR / MANN / Gatwick but in this decade a
    15 day time frame, in greater London, (staying in Kensington area)
    to be specific.

I belong to Travel Advisor, (under of course different pen name) but just
    wanted some opinions of UK residents, from who are members of this
    PR forum. (not sure if I belong to trip advisor vs travel advisor, but the
    hits I get, on duckduckgo dot com have of course glowing reports...etc.....
    ref: high end tours of "Beatles tour"........

I get quotes for a 3 hour tour to a 5 hour max tour from (not sure if GBP or
    US $$ but quotes I get today for any day last week of September 2019 run
    from $233.00 to exactly $588.00 (the latter is longer & it is advertised as
    a very private tour, (assume with a personal driver as I will be a party of two
    people). of course + tip.

Of course day walking tours are much more reasonable, all way under $100.00
    like closer to $15.00 and up.........my companion (only sister) is very familiar with
    Western Europe. just a advanced hiker/ backpacker...thus not sure if I can keep up
    with her "walks with ease...like 10 miles per day (from Patagonia to New Zealand to
    Bhutan, (this time she meets me from Deutschland @ LHR)

Just trying to use some shrewd common sense....from a aging rock n roller..(fan)..
    Last two trips got blotched.....to LHR...Dec 2018 (Peter White (smooth jazz) to Dec
    Nov vs Dec 2007 to visit O2 (Led Zep reunion) which I DID NOT have seats...but
    thank god for youtube & a kind friend who is a member of PR (who was in the same
    "boat I was in" for that legendary concert Dec 10 2007" !

I thank you in advance mates.......(damn sort of embarrassing.....most of my history
    in aviation, for Western Europe has been mostly back & forth to Germany, Austria,
    and especially AMS. (1988 to 2008) example FRA / BER "TXL" / MUC /NUE/ + by auto
    to Wurzburg/ & especially to Garmish-Partenkirchen & Innsbruck (INN) . or a long
    weekend in ZUR. (one shot deal)......(other locations outside Western Europe is NOT
    important, not trying to draw attention to self)...........

If the taxi vs van tours are a rip off it want hurt my feelings.....(not at my age now) LOL !

Danke
    Helpful Binky, M77 Rated helpful
    Likes pinkflower, snowy, jakemoe liked this post
    "Death is not the greatest loss for life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live"
    Norman Cousins

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperliner L1011 View Post
    Have not been to UK in a very long time.

I do not count a stopover @ LHR / MANN / Gatwick but in this decade a
    15 day time frame, in greater London, (staying in Kensington area)
    to be specific.

I belong to Travel Advisor, (under of course different pen name) but just
    wanted some opinions of UK residents, from who are members of this
    PR forum. (not sure if I belong to trip advisor vs travel advisor, but the
    hits I get, on duckduckgo dot com have of course glowing reports...etc.....
    ref: high end tours of "Beatles tour"........

I get quotes for a 3 hour tour to a 5 hour max tour from (not sure if GBP or
    US $$ but quotes I get today for any day last week of September 2019 run
    from $233.00 to exactly $588.00 (the latter is longer & it is advertised as
    a very private tour, (assume with a personal driver as I will be a party of two
    people). of course + tip.

Of course day walking tours are much more reasonable, all way under $100.00
    like closer to $15.00 and up.........my companion (only sister) is very familiar with
    Western Europe. just a advanced hiker/ backpacker...thus not sure if I can keep up
    with her "walks with ease...like 10 miles per day (from Patagonia to New Zealand to
    Bhutan, (this time she meets me from Deutschland @ LHR)

Just trying to use some shrewd common sense....from a aging rock n roller..(fan)..
    Last two trips got blotched.....to LHR...Dec 2018 (Peter White (smooth jazz) to Dec
    Nov vs Dec 2007 to visit O2 (Led Zep reunion) which I DID NOT have seats...but
    thank god for youtube & a kind friend who is a member of PR (who was in the same
    "boat I was in" for that legendary concert Dec 10 2007" !

I thank you in advance mates.......(damn sort of embarrassing.....most of my history
    in aviation, for Western Europe has been mostly back & forth to Germany, Austria,
    and especially AMS. (1988 to 2008) example FRA / BER "TXL" / MUC /NUE/ + by auto
    to Wurzburg/ & especially to Garmish-Partenkirchen & Innsbruck (INN) . or a long
    weekend in ZUR. (one shot deal)......(other locations outside Western Europe is NOT
    important, not trying to draw attention to self)...........

If the taxi vs van tours are a rip off it want hurt my feelings.....(not at my age now) LOL !

Danke
    I don't have an answer to your question but it sure sounds like fun to me Whisperliner!
    Likes pinkflower, jakemoe, M77 liked this post

jakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to behold

It does sound fun. At this point in my life it could be very interesting. I've loved the Beatles since the Ed Sullivan show appearance.
    Likes El Grandote, M77 liked this post
    F**k the DEA

El Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by jakemoe View Post
    It does sound fun. At this point in my life it could be very interesting. I've loved the Beatles since the Ed Sullivan show appearance.
    @jakemoe Thanks for being my new friend ! I loved The Beatles too ! (was too young to see 1st USA tour nearest
    location (for me) was Washington DC @Washington Sports Arena 11 Feb 1964 ! I saw that B&W show like you on
    the Ed Sullivan show !! (back then tickets were only US $5.00 (five bucks) ! Did you ever get to see any of The
    Beatles (after they broke up)? I was lucky....many years later...saw Paul McCartney @ Sun Devil Stadium @ ASU
    (Tempe Arizona) late Spring 1990 & again to another sold out concert...both times standing room only (summer of
    1993) I missed all of the other members.....as we know, when John Lennon got killed NYC Dec 1980...it ended
    most of the worldwide fans for a down the road, "long shot of a Reunion Tour" ......I enjoy your music tastes on
    the Song Game with PR. Look forward for a positive ongoing social media relationship....it is fun isn't it? to ......

escape with many kinds of music......I wish you a happy Labor Day (extended weekend) & we shall communicate
    later.........hope you receive my welcome in good spirits & relatively good health ! (By the way...I love your
    signature............may PM you later on as to why....LOL..........(I often change my signature from time to time)

Take care..... @jakemoe !
    Likes jakemoe, M77 liked this post
    "Death is not the greatest loss for life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live"
    Norman Cousins

jakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to beholdjakemoe is a splendid one to behold

@whisperlinerL1011, you are so welcome and thanks for asking me to be a friend, I am lucky! I fell madly in love with George Harrison when I was 8 or 9 after I saw Ed Sullivan and he's remained my fav. I never was lucky enough to see any of them live but have most of their albums. It's amazing to think Paul still tours at his age, along with the Stones! Old codgers up on stage, lol! I grew up to their soundtrack and consider myself very fortunate because of it. And yes the song game is great fun. I try to think of old bands I used to listen to back in the day, like many of us did. I too like to see some of the songs mentioned because they bring back good memories. Peace @whisperlinerL1011 and you have a good weekend also, along with everyone else who might read this.
    Likes El Grandote, M77 liked this post
    F**k the DEA

6. Hiya Whisperliner There are a number of different walking tours in London for the Beatles which are pretty good. You usually have a fanatical Beatles fan leading the walk so you get more information that you know what to do with. Years ago I went on a tour that met at Marylebone Station and walked around that part of London and apart from the Beatles, it's a nice part of the city to explore. I think you can find Beatles places all over London and (out of London - I think Ringo and Paul McCartney live around Brighton now) so you might not be able to walk it all in one go. If you've got the dosh to do a driving tour great but London traffic can be a bit annoying. I'd just google walking tours and see what looks good. Also, Abbey Road and the famous zebra crossing is easy to find on the tube but what you really want to do is go inside the studio and I don't know if they do tours inside or not. I sometimes work around that part of town and if I'm in the area I always go across the zebra, gotta do it. I'm a big Beatles fan! MarySue
    Helpful El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes M77 liked this post

I was lucky enough to go to The Last Play At Shea. The Beatles played there in 1965. Now it was 2008, I believe. The NY Jets NFL football ball team played there, and the NY Mets. The Jets left for E. Rutherford, New Jersey in the early 80’s. The stadium was named after a gentleman, long gone, named William Shea. Most of NY was devastated when the Brooklyn Dodgers left NY, for Los Angeles. Shea wanted to bring another team to NY. We still had the NY Yankees, but they were the Bronx Bombers, and NYC had 4 other boroughs. In 2010, The Mets had built a new stadium called Citifield, in the shadow of the original Shea. The concert was right before the stadium was scheduled for demo.

It was a primarily supposed to be a Billy Joel concert, but there were huge rumors about who would show up as guests. I knew from experience that the second night of two, would be the one with the best guests. I would have gone to both, but it was hard enough to get tickets, and they were very expensive.

I brought my daughter, and we were sitting right by Super Model Cindy Crawford, who is Billy Joel’s ex-wife. My daughter already had selfies with her, and we actually knew her, and said hello. For a former Super Model, she is the most incredibly kind and polite person, and is still a knockout. Anyway, the second night had guests including Steve Tyler from Aerosmith, Tony Bennett, and the big one, who I sort of knew might show up, Sir Paul McCartney. I’m leaving out many others, because I am too exhausted to look it up, or remember, but let’s just say the concert ended with Let it Be. There is a documentary about the concert, and you can find out more on the web.

It truly was a once in a lifetime show.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ay_at_Shea.jpg
    Last edited by M77; 11-07-2019 at 10:25 AM.
    Helpful El Grandote Rated helpful
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.